Thursday, September 19, 2013

United We Spy



13580951Book Title: United We Spy
Author: Ally Carter
Number of Pages: 294
Genres: Action-Adventure, Spy and Mystery, Young Adult
Books like it: Heist Society by Ally Carter

My favorite quote: “What is a Gallagher Girl?
She's a genius, a scientist, a heroine, a spy... a Gallagher Girl is whatever she wants to be.”  

Brief Synopsis from Goodreads:
Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.

My Summary:



PROS AND CONS OF READING THE LAST GALLAGHER GIRL BOOK
(A list by Sarah)
 
PRO: This was possibly the best Gallagher book in the whole series. I probably read it in an hour, I loved it so much.
 
CON: When you get done with the book, you realize that it is the last book in the series.
 
PRO: There is a lot of swooping in and saving by Zach. He says a whole bunch of cheesy romantic lines, and is the kind of romantic guy any super spy girl could ask for.

"I never knew there were this many stars."
"I can't see them," he told me. "I just see you."
"That's one of your cheesier lines," I told him.
"It's the altitude," he told me. "I don't have enough oxygen in my brain."
"I see."
 
CON: While reading the romantic pick up lines that Zach says, you remember he is a fictional character.
 
PRO: Liz has a brilliantly beautiful speech near the end that made me cry.

"What is a Gallagher Girl?
She's a genius, a scientist, a heroine, a spy... a Gallagher Girl is whatever she wants to be." 
 
CON: I am not a pretty crier.
*cries*
 
PRO: This book is worthy of being an action movie. There is never a dull moment. (Minor spoilers ahead.) Cammie finds out that the Circle is trying to start World War Three in order to see a complete collapse in the government. And they start killing off  Circle members who have one thing in common- Cammie has their name on the list. Cammie, Zach, Bex, and Liz must stop the Circle before they create something that could change the world forever. And there is a huge problem-
they are completely alone.

"I'm finished. And.... and this is your fault." He pointed to me. "You should have had the decency to die when we needed you to."
"Sorry," I admitted.  "I've been going through a bit of a rebellious streak lately. I swear it's almost over."
 
CON: While caught up in the action, you realize you forgot to do a lot of things. Things that are possibly more important than reading this book.
 
PRO: You are reading this amazing book and you come across this quote:

"Fortunately," Macey added with a smile, "I had the foresight to pack Liz's van with various essentials."
Liz blushed. "I might have helped."
"No." I said.
"But.... I brought gummy bears." Liz said, as if that should be enough to neutralize any potential problem.

CONS: While laughing at this quote, you have a sudden craving for gummy bears. 

PROS: This review is almost over and there is only one more quote.

CONS: I know you are probably frustrated with this review, but it is VERY hard to say anything without spoiling it.  Last quote:

"You know, it's okay to admit a little weakness now and then, Cammie. It won't kill you. In fact, I hear it makes you stronger."

Cautions for Parents: NA

Review: 4.5

2 comments:

  1. I loved this review because it reminded me of all the things I loved about United We Spy! I read it last week (my review is posted if you want to have a look) and I was so sad to see it end , but I thought it was the best possible conclusion. Great Review Sarah :)


    - Sunny @ A Sunny Spot Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny! I thought this book was amazing as well! You're review was amazing and spot-on. :)
      <3 Sarah

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...